明星江苏麻将微信群 www.jj168.net 中國特有詞語終于知道如何翻譯了(1-38)2014.07.28
1. 愛屋及烏 Love me, love my dog.
2. 百聞不如一見 （眼見為實 ）Seeing is believing.
3. 比上不足比下有余 worse off than some, better off than many; to fall short of the best, but be better than the worst.
4. 笨鳥先飛 A slow sparrow should make an early start.
5. 不眠之夜 white night
6. 不以物喜不以己悲 not pleased by external gains, not saddened by personnal losses
7. 不遺余力 spare no effort; go all out; do one's best
8. 不打不成交 No discord, no concord.
9. 拆東墻補西墻 rob Peter to pay Paul
10. 辭舊迎新 bid farewell to the old and usher in the new; ring out the old year and ring in the new
11. 大事化小小事化了 try first to make their mistake sound less serious and then to reduce it to nothing at all
12. 大開眼界 open one's eyes; broaden one's horizon; be an eye-opener
13. 國泰民安 The country flourishes and people live in peace
14. 過猶不及 going too far is as bad as not going far enough; beyond is as wrong as falling short; too much is as bad as too little
15. 功夫不負有心人 Everything comes to him who waits.
16. 好了傷疤忘了疼 once on shore, one prays no more
17. 好事不出門惡事傳千里 Good news never goes beyond the gate, while bad news spread far and wide.
18. 和氣生財 Harmony brings wealth.
19. 活到老學到老 One is never too old to learn.
20. 既往不咎 let bygones be bygones
21. 金無足赤人無完人 Gold can't be pure and man can't be perfect.
22. 金玉滿堂 Treasures fill the home.
23. 腳踏實地 be down-to-earth
24. 腳踩兩只船 sit on the fence
25. 君子之交淡如水 the friendship between gentlemen is as pure as crystal; a hedge between keeps friendship green
26. 老生常談陳詞濫調 cut and dried, cliché
27. 禮尚往來 Courtesy calls for reciprocity.
28. 留得青山在不怕沒柴燒 Where there is life, there is hope.
29. 馬到成功 achieve immediate victory; win instant success
30. 名利雙收 gain in both fame and wealth
31. 茅塞頓開 be suddenly enlightened
32. 沒有規矩不成方圓 Nothing can be accomplished without norms or standards.
33. 每逢佳節倍思親 On festive occasions more than ever one thinks of one's dear ones far away.It is on the festival occasions when one misses his dear most.
34. 謀事在人成事在天 The planning lies with man, the outcome with Heaven. Man proposes, God disposes.
35. 弄巧成拙 be too smart by half; Cunning outwits itself
36. 拿手好戲 masterpiece
37. 賠了夫人又折兵 throw good money after bad
38. 拋磚引玉 a modest spur to induce others to come forward with valuable contributions; throw a sprat to catch a whale